Bel Air Insurance Tips & FAQ
Helping Guide Your Through the Insurance Coverage Maze
Here are some frequently asked questions and a few tips about insurance and insurance coverage. If the answer you seek is not listed here or would like more information, do not hesitate to contact us at (443) 402-1464
Q. When should I make a report?
A. It is extremely important that you make your report as soon as possible. Whether you've had a minor car accident or lost your home to a fire, the quicker you make a report, the quicker we can help. Reporting right away also allows us to gather all relevant information without too much disruption to the scene or damaged vehicle.
Q. What will happen after my initial report?
A. Your safety and that of your loved ones always comes first. If you need a place to stay or are stranded on the side of the road, AE&A Insurance Services Group, LLC will make the necessary arrangements to either find lodging or get your vehicle towed and get you back to safety. Once we are satisfied that your immediate needs have been taken care of, we will work with you to file a claims report and initiate the claims process.
Q. What information do I need when I make my report? What if my insurance policy was lost or destroyed?
A. AE&A Insurance Services Group, LLC has a copy of your insurance policy on record. The only information we need is your name and address, the name and addresses of other people involved, if applicable, and a general description of the incident. Any additional information is useful but not absolutely necessary.
A few tips on things you can do after a loss.
Once you have seen to the safety and comfort of your family, there are several things you can do to help your claim:
- Arrange for reasonable, temporary repairs to protect your home or property from further damage until the major repairs can start.
- Always keep all records and invoices for temporary repairs, medical bills or temporary lodging to be added to your claim.
- If it is safe to do so, make an inventory and document all loss of property and valuables.
- If you were involved in a multiple vehicle accident, make note of the other driver(s)' name(s), address(es) and telephone number(s).
- If you were present at the time of the incident, make note of the events while your mind is still clear and the events fresh in your mind. If there were any additional witnesses, ask them to do the same as well as include their names and contact information.
- If you have access to a camera of video camera, take pictures or footage of the damage.